Convert to PDFPrint this page
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Fees|
|Muscat, Oman||March 31, 2019||April 2, 2019||USD 2,300 / OMR 895|
Brochure SummarySelection and data gathering are considered by practitioners all around the world to be the most challenging aspects in working with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). A way to address these challenges is to build a sound framework to measure KPIs, starting from the moment they are selected, until results are collected to be centralized in performance reports.
This three days training course focused on developing know-how in working with KPIs. The certification can be obtained by taking a multiple question Certification Exam in the last day of the course.
Benefits of Attending
- Experience the real business applicability of theoretical concepts regarding KPIs;
- Improve the performance of your company by practicing a sound framework for KPI measurement;
- Obtain better business results by selecting the right KPIs for your company.
- Receive personalized feedback on your own KPI portfolio of instruments;
- Practice a sound framework to establish strategically aligned KPIs;
- Enhance the organizational decision making process by accessing data on previous and future performance;
- Access rigorous tools that help you implement a framework for KPI Measurement by receiving +15 templates used in working with KPIs.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals interested in measuring performance
Professionals from different fields, such as finance, human resources, production, logistics, information technology and others, interested in Key Performance Indicators, will acquire the competencies needed to measure the performance of their team, department or organization.
Top/middle/lower management professionals
Executives or operational managers, regardless of their field of expertise, will gain the ability and knowledge to measure performance and maximize the value of using KPIs. The tools and resources offered as part of the certification program enable managers to apply the concepts learned in their organizations, immediately after the course.
Performance measurement experts
For professionals like Data Analysts, Strategy Managers, Performance Management Officers or Performance Architects, it is important to develop competencies in measuring performance, especially in terms of KPI selection and data gathering. Usually, this particular audience already has a performance measurement system set in place and the certification program offers the opportunity to learn best practices used in this field and identify how their current processes and approaches regarding KPIs can be improved.
A standardized approach to KPIs
The World of KPIs
- Challenges in performance measurement;
- The value added by KPIs;
- KPIs concept map;
- Organizational levels.
- KPI related terminology;
- SMART objectives decomposed by specific criteria;
- KPI lifecycle.
- Leading vs. lagging KPIs;
- Qualitative vs. quantitative KPIs;
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness KPIs.
- Interdisciplinary systemic worldview;
- KPI use case scenarios;
- KPI DNA map.
KPI selection and target setting
- KPI selection for organizational scorecard;
- KPI selection sources;
- KPI selection techniques.
- KPI alignment approaches
- KPI selection for corporate scorecard;
- KPIs cascaded to functional area.
- KPI documentation form functions;
- KPI documentation form design;
- KPI documentation process;
- Organizational KPI libraries.
Working with targets
- Target setting process;
- Targets in practice;
- Challenges in working with targets;
- Negative behaviors when setting targets.
Data gathering and visualization
- Data quality dimensions;
- KPI reporting data sources;
- KPI activation tools;
- KPI activation techniques;
- Working with data custodians;
- Data collection methods.
- Guidelines to designing efficient templates;
- Usability in terms of visual design.
Working with data custodians
- Guidelines to designing efficient templates;
- Usability in terms of visual design;
- Scorecard and dashboard design.
Review & Certification Exam
- Course review;
- Certification Exam.
The certification process is finalized when completing all stages of the learning experience. You will receive a:
Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
Certificate of Attendance (hard copy): after participating at the three days of on-site training course;
Certified KPI Professional diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all of the three stages of the learning experience.
- OMR 895
- USD 2,300
- Group discounts can be discussed.
Terms & Conditions
Full payment is required prior to the event.
The course language will be English.
Any withdrawals have to be announced at least two weeks before the beginning of the course, through fax or e-mail. In this situation, the attendance fee will be refunded, less $400 retained for administrative expenditure. The attendance fee will not be refunded if the withdrawal from the course takes place less than 2 weeks before its start date. If you find yourself in the impossibility to attend the course after the registration process is already completed you may delegate another person to attend the course in your place without any further fees charged. If you have confirmed and made the attendance fee payment but you didn’t attend the course, the course attendance fee will not be refunded. If you attend the course only partially (one day or a limited number of sessions), you will not benefit from any attendance fee reduction or refund.
Payment is by Bank Transfer
Please indicate which currency you wish to pay in: AED US Dollars Euros Pounds Sterling
Full payment details will be sent to you on your invoice
This part of the learning experience is meant to ensure a smooth transition to the face to face training. Participants are required to take the following steps:
- Needs assessment – complete a questionnaire to determine a tailored and relevant learning experience;
- Pre-course evaluation quiz – take a short quiz to establish the current level of knowledge;
- Guidance and schedule – analyze a document presenting guidelines on how to maximize your learning experience;
- Forum introduction – share an introduction message to present yourself to the other course participants;
- Expectations – share your expectations regarding the training course;
- Pre-requisite reading – go through a series of documents to better understand the core-course content.
During the 3 days of Certified KPI Professional training, the course is designed to facilitate experiential learning and ensure a high level of interactivity. Exercises used to enhance the development of competencies range from simple matching of concepts to extensive analyses of case studies. The learning experience consists in:
The learning experience consists in:
- Applying concepts in practical exercises;
- Analyzing case studies and identifying solutions;
- Using templates to develop performance measurement instruments;
- Sharing experiences and best practices;
- Creating a network of KPI Professionals;
- Constantly evaluating the participants’ knowledge, through short quizzes to support the certification exam.
The learning process is not finalized when the core-course ends. After the 5 days of training participants are required to take the following steps, to become Certified KPI Professionals:
- Forum discussions – initiate a discussion and contribute in a discussion opened by another participant;
- Performance Improvement Essentials – watch a 45 minutes webinar presenting the KPI measurement as part of a system that ensures performance improvements and achievement of objectives;
- Action plan – create a plan for the actions and initiatives you intend to implement after the training course;
- In-house presentation – create and submit a short PowerPoint presentation to present your colleagues the knowledge you have accessed during the training course;
- Additional reading – go through a series of resources to expand your content related knowledge;
- Learning journal- reflect upon your 3 stages learning experience and complete a journal.In order to obtain the Certified KPI Practitioner title, the following actions are required:
- KPI practitioner Portfolio – develop 15 key performance management tools based on the best practices promoted by the KPI Institute.
- Practitioner journal – strengthen the learning process incurred by the development of the KPI Practitioner Portfolio by reflecting upon each tool.
- Evaluation conversation – participate to a 30 minutes discussion meant to provide more insights to The KPI Institute’s Evaluation Commission into the approach of developing the KPI Practitioner portfolio.
Do you need any clarifications?
For registration or clarifications:
Call us, at
- +968 24 618 185
- +968 99 355 438
- +968 98 564 304
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.